Monday 19 August 2013

My Japanese cooking & sushi class



Since I started my blog in early 2012 I've met a wonderful circle of friends in the Irish Food Blogging Community. Last Sunday, I held a class in my home to teach them the basics of Japanese home cooking and sushi making.

Here's a picture of Marian from herbicarni.com making a cup of matcha tea using matcha powder and a bamboo whisk.
 

During the class the group practised rolling different types of sushi. We prepared gluten free and vegan ingredients for Marian from herbicarni.com.


Once we were finished sushi rolling we sat down to enjoy a home cooked authentic Japanese meal. We also had miso soup made from homemade fish stock (dashi) that we made during the class and some lotus root pickle that I had in the fridge.


My next cooking class which is on August 24th is fully booked but if you're interested in attending one of my cooking classes or to check when the next one is available please email me on fionasjapanesecooking@gmail.com

I want to say a special thanks to the Asia Market in Dublin who provided goodie bags to support my cooking class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...